RE: (erielack) Re: EL Consists

> I recall that FRUTVEG was used uncommonly; these loads generally appeared
> as OTHFOOD.

I noticed that most of the FRUTVEG (but not all) were reefers.

The other thing that I've noticed is that the data entry people seemed to
take a lot of liberties in their entry. I'm not sure if they had standards
to follow? To wit:

- - Many cars were listed as "H"oppers, even though a check of the ORER shows
these were actually "C"overed hoppers
- - Old interchanges stuck around - a lot of interchange to the Morristown &
Erie, for example, was show as "XV", which was Essex Fells, and by the
timeframe of the later sheets was no longer in use. Crews ultimately knew
where the cars would be interchanged.
- - There are tons of variations on the consignee names. Ford Motor's Mahwah
Assembly plant appears as "FORDMOTOR," "MAHASSPLA", "FORD", "FORMAHASS", as
well as the various misspelled versions. This makes it oh-so-much fun to
decode these. :(

> This list needs to be added to the consist key on the website.

That will go up when we put the telegraph call symbols up as well.