(erielack) Re:Erie Lackawanna-track abandonment question

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-10-16-12

CNJ1548Slateford062472JDLJ.jpg (jpeg , 1500x997 217302 bytes, BF: 6.88 ppb)

I have a photos of ES99 taken west of Slateford on June 24, 1972 that
clearly shows two tracks.
Rich

On Oct 16, 2012, at 12:01 AM, Paul R. Tupaczewski wrote:

>>  Rich,
>>  I can't forget what I never knew in the first place.
>>
>> Can you tell us about it? Was in only in PA or did it start at this
"East
> Slateford"
>> in NJ? How long was it? When was it taken out? I'm guessing from what
> see
>> in pictures it had to come out by the very early 70's??
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mike D.
>>

>> On 10/15/2012 3:43 PM, Richard Pennisi wrote:
>>> Seems to me everyone has forgotten about the Slateford passing
siding.

>>> Rich Pennisi
>

> I don't know what timeframe Rich is referring to, but in 1974,
according to
> Bill Sheppard's diagram book, there was no passing siding on the
Cut-Off