(erielack) Elmira

While rereading old /The Diamond/ issues, I reread Michael Connor's
excellent article in Vol. 21, #3 on "The Railroads of Elmira."  A few
questions came to mind:

First, the local area map on p. 17 shows a number of industries in and
near Elmira.  Do any still exist?  Is there any freight traffic of
significance generated or terminated in Elmira today?

Second, did the Pennsylvania ever have its own track between Horseheads
and Elmira, or did it always get between these to places via trackage
rights on the Erie?

Third, how long after the LV abandoned its Van Etten-Horseheads line did
it continue to serve Elmira via trackage rights over the Erie? Does any
of the LV track still exist in Elmira today?

Fourth, I assume that the Erie obtained trackage rights over the NYC in
order to abandon its line between Elmira and Tioga Junction.  Is this
correct?

Fifth, what railroad(s) are left in Elmira today?

Ken Bush