Fwd: Re: (erielack) Re: Consist Sheets

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: (erielack) Re: Consist Sheets
Date: 	Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:01:33 -0400
From: 	Bob Clegg <bobcatcs_@_comcast.net>
To: 	Paul R. Tupaczewski <paultup_@_comcast.net>

This is a custom version of the standard IBM 5081 punch card.  There
must have been several of these punched out to include all of the
information because it takes all 12 rows in a column to define a
character.  For example, a punch in the 12 (top) row and the 1 row of
the same column is an "A"  To spell out "ERIE" would be, in 4
consecutive columns, 12-5 11-9 12-9 12-5.  The trivia we remember from
40 years ago!!!

Thanks and regards,

Bob