Re: (erielack) Erie Lackawanna-track abandonment question

I have wondered about this myself. While the cut off was single tracked
in 1958, I have seen pictures online of SD45 led trains going through
the water gap area and there are 2 tracks. I have also seen many more
pics where there is only 1 track and, there is no sign of a second, No
ties, ballast etc. The weeds and brush are grown right up to the single
track. Was there some kind of siding here at some point? Did the track
from the old road join the main in the same place it does today, or did
they run next to each other for a bit. This would explain the double track.

In the first DLnW RR in Color book, all the trains shown on the Delaware
River bridge are running on the EB track but the WB track is still in
place. Is this because it was out of service but not torn up yet or, was
the double track over the bridge left in place? Also, What was East
Slateford interlocking in NJ?  Did the single track for the cut off
start here or on the PA side?

Thanks,
MDC