Re: (erielack) Re: EL Consists

OK how about this. Commodity listed on a covered hopper "nometmn"?

Or "irostel" on a DF boxcar. Or D for equipped.

Joe Mayer <jmayer_@_insight.rr.com> wrote:

The discussion of consist sheets prodded me into going back and working on
getting some more into Excel.  I thought I would share a great example of
the typos that could creep into these.  I would say this was a keypunch
operator error, and not just the reader.

This car was on DN97, headed from Marion to Dayton, in Dec 1975.  (By the
way, plenty of SOU and LN cars passing back and forth to/from the EL via
this connection!):
1EL 68689 LB @87 GRAINMLBHATSANOOTEQUAKEROATS SOU CI.  OK, this is EL
combo-door boxcar 68689 loaded with grain, to be interchanged to the SOU in
Cincinnati headed for Quaker Oats in CHATTANOOGA TN!  So BHATSANOO is
Chattanooga.  There were other cars headed to General Mills in Chattanooga
in the same train, and I was able to verify that at least into the late
1980's Quaker Oats did have a facility there.

So- consist reader beware!

Joe Mayer
ELHS 702