(erielack) Questions about the Chenango River bridge and viaduct

I doing some research for my model of the Chenango River Bridge in
Binghamton, looking at the photos in the various pubs, Erie in Color,
Erie in Color II, Trackside Around Binghamton..., and the Diamond issues
on the Binghamton to Owego Corridor, I notice changes over the years and
therefore I have some questions.

When did they build the retaining wall on the east bank?

In one photo, there are no "feet" under the girders on the second pier.
They appear to be resting directly on the pier.  What's up with that?

Another photo looks like a pier had shifted and there's Some steel
supports under one of the bridge sections.  What happened there?

Schuyler's diagram in the second part of the B-O Corridor shows a branch
or tributary of the Chenango River through the lowlands, but none of the
photos would indicate that it still exists.  What happened to that?  Was
it filled in?  When?

Again in Schuyler's diagram there is a road called Water Street along
the bank of the river.  In the photos, it's not there.  Some show just
overgrowth another shows a nicely paved parking lot. Any timeline for that?

Thanks and regards,

Bob