Subject: (erielack) Erie LTD consist

Hi Andy - I'd suggest referring to The Diamond, vol. 16.2 for Erie sleeper
assignments.  According to the 1957 Official Guide, the diner-lounge ran the
entire route.  These would typically be in the 939 series.

Coaches (photos seem to indicate two or three, at least at the Chicago end,
sometimes with car for local riders on the end of the train) would often be
the rebuilt heavyweights in the 1000 series, or the heavyweight 1100s.
Thru-line Stillwells might also appear and I've seen a photo with a
semi-suburban Stillwell as the local car arriving Chicago.

I imagine head end cars were variable dedending on time of year, day of week
and location.

Pat Foley