Re:Re: (erielack) Del Water Gap view

Randy and all,

If you note the picture number, and drop me a line, I will be happy to
incorporate any comments into the records I have for the images (make sure
you note the image name, i.e., E0044).  Perhaps using the collective
knowledge of this group, we can open up information and make it available
for the railfans and historians of the future.  The box for the Delaware
Water Gap images was marked "Aerials" so I assumed they were aerials, I
stand corrected.

I did not notice the "Coke" sign on the covered bridge either.  I will try
to add additional information, what they call metadata, to as many of these
images as I can.

Patrick McKnight
Historian/Archivist
Steamtown NHS
570-340-5193

We need history, not to tell us what happened or to explain the past, but
to make the past alive so that it can explain us and make a future
possible.-Alan Bloom

             "Janet & Randy
             Brown"
             <jananran_@_mymails                                          To
             tation.com>               erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
                                                                        cc
             10/02/2012 06:01
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       Re:Re: (erielack) Del Water Gap
                                       view
             Please respond to
              "EL Mail List"
             <erielack_@_lists.r
                ailfan.net>

Would it be possible to annotate the pictures -- individually or as a group
- -- to indicate whether the view is upstream or down?  I can tell, but I'll
bet there are viewers who aren't familiarwith the region who would like to
know.

Randy Brown
I blew the picture up 200% and can see the covered bridge behind the
railroad bridge.  It looks like an add for ____ COLA is painted on the
covered bridge.  There are about 6 different panels on the covered bridge
painted with ads.

Peter Heimbach