(erielack) Re:October calendar images

I believe that is correct, based on earlier conversations I have had with
Steve Timko.  Steve can set me straight on this, but I believe the U34's
displaced many of the RS units in the East, and they were shipped West where
they became the yard workers in places like Meadville, Youngstown,
Leavittsburg, Akron, Marion, etc.  They also became very common on
short-haul trains and some locals out here.  I would say this is where they
remained until CR.  This move spelled the end of the Baldwin and Lima
switchers for the most part, I think.  Steve could provide better info, unit
numbers, etc.

I don't have the calendar, and the date wasn't mentioned here, but perhaps
this is a photo of a movement of these units West at that time, and that is
why there are so many together in the photo?

Joe Mayer
ELHS 702