(erielack) Western Meeting? West end helpers?

Hello,

Hope everyone had a great holiday season.

First question, is there going to be a Western Spring Meeting this year?

Second, were there ever helpers on the Kent and Mahoning Divisions? I know power
was added, or cars taken off at each end (Marion, Meadville), but where there
ever helpers on either division? Even with those measures, heavy trains crawled,
and sometimes stalled and doubled certain hills. It's one of those questions I
was always afraid to ask...
 Mike Spinelli