(erielack) Re: REA Traffic

Trains 3 and 4 were still in the schedule in Erie Lackawanna Railroad Company Time Table 7 of October 29, 1967.  No. 4 arrived Hoboken 10,35 P.M., and No. 3 departed Hoboken 1.15 A.M., via Port Jervis.  They did not carry passengers, so they were not listed in the Official Guide.

My copy of New York and Scranton Divisions TT No. 7 was used by my predecessor at Hoboken, John Nobilksi.  He kept it current with notes from the General Orders, so it looks like 3 and 4 ran during the life of TT No. 7.  My Erie Lackawanna Railway Company Time Table No. 1 of April 28, 1968 includes General Order N-1-36 of October 27, 1968 that replaces all of the schedule pages on the New York Division, so I don't have the original schedule pages of No. 1.  Nos. 3 and 4 are not listed in the General Order schedule pages, so it appears that they were discontinued either with the issuance of TT No. 1, or sometime before the General Order was issued.

I transferred from the D&H to EL in late November, 1968, and 3 and 4 were gone by then.

Gordon Davids

In a message dated 12/23/2010 5:56:47 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,