From: Janet & Randy Brown <jananran_@_mymailstation.com>
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Sent: Tue, December 21, 2010 7:46:35 AM
Subject: (erielack) Osgood Bradley cars [was Osgood/Bradley cars]

No slash.

A pleas for accuracy.

There were NO Osgood/Bradley cars ever, anywhere, on any railroad.

The man's name was Osgood Bradley. He was a carriage builder in Worcester, MA.
His company, bearing his name, evolved into a major builder of railroad cars.
Eventually, the Pullman Company bought it and retained the Osgood Bradley name
to identify the plant. They chose the Osgood Bradley plant to build a 1935 order
of semi- streamlined coaches for the New Haven which, in turn, were immortalized
by the A.C.Gilbert Co. of New Haven in their American Flyer toy train sets in HO
and S gauges and forever after known as "American Flyers."

In the steel era, neither Erie nor Lackawanna owned ANY Osgood Bradley cars --
especially the "American Flyers."

Randy Brown
I think Pete's referring to the NYS&W cars purchased in the late 1950s used from
the Boston & Albany.... not even close to the Rapido car...

    - Paul

    > From: "Pieter K Terwilleger"<01pterwi_@_charter.net>
    > Subject: Re: (erielack) "Forsaken" book
    >
    > I wonder if F&C's Ping Pongs could be kitbashed into the Osgood/Bradley
    > coaches?

    www.rapidotrains.com has the Osgood/Bradley coaches.  Not in EL yet but
    I hear the LV cars are coming so maybe.  Write Jason Schron at Rapido
    and ask him.