Re: (erielack) Different Box Car Lettering

> I don't think its the caboose lettering (BTW, that lettering is the
> standard EL 9" Gothic roadname - the same one used on diesels, too) - look
> at the "C", and note that the "E"s have odd angles on some of the
> lettering. It certainly looks hand-lettered to me....
> - Paul

Paul,

I agree that "C" is a problem. The open ends of the "C" fall on a rivet
pattern and perhaps it was touched up by hand, as you note a lot of
indications of hand lettering. The EL did use more of a closed "C" on the
caboose car number. Not sure about the "E"s.

Ron Dukarm