Re:Re: (erielack) December calendar picture

Walt -- I'm no expert on Marx, or even Lionel, but if the wings were there pre WWII, they pobably came from the Lackawanna.  No other railroad had anything close, and they had to come from somewhere.

Randy Brown

Randy...What's ur opinion of whether the Marx Co. copied off the 'wings' motif?? As a kid, my dad & I ran LIONEL, but I HAD a Marx trainset.......the poor  relation. The Lionel was only for the BIG layout with cars, lighted buildings,  paper scenery for background. I was allowed to play with the Marx anytime, but  only got to run the Lionel a day or 2 before Xmas. It was afterall a REAL  railroad.

      When I got the Taber books & lookesd at the 'wings' I got thinking 'They  look like on the old Marx trains'.
Do u think so???

Walt Smith