From: Janet & Randy Brown <jananran_@_mymailstation.com>
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Sent: Tue, November 30, 2010 6:49:45 AM
Subject: Re:(erielack) December calendar picture

No moguls got the "wings" treatment.  Only one or two or three each in 4-4-0,
4-6-0, and 4-6-2 wheel arrangements, with the "or" being the operative word.

Randy Brown

In the home stretch! The last mont of the year...

The ELHS/ELDCPS calendar features a very "classy" black-and-white image of
Lackawanna 4-6-0 #1011 on the armstrong turntable in Newton, NJ on the Sussex
Brnach in 1939. Several able-bodied individuals are seen rotating the
locomotive. This locomotive is (I believe) the only 4-6-0 to get the "wings"
streamlining, and it looks very new and shiny in this image. IMHO, the extra
drivers beneath the wing really helped "balance" out the wing, much moreso than
the 4-4-0s that had this streamlining. Too bad no more Moguls got this
treatment, and too bad it was so short-lived! :(