Re:Re: (erielack) RAILROAD MAGAZINE HAYWIRE MAC

In order to end this rewriting of history:

Harry Bedwell was an author, published principally in RAILROAD MAGAZINE, but also in some anthologies.  His best known character is Eddie Sand (no "s").  He never used the name "Haywire Mac."

Harry Kirby McKlintock was a different author, who used the pen name "Haywire Mac."  He also was published in RAILROAD MAGAZINE.

My source is "Railroad Avenue", by long-time RAILROAD MAGAZINE editor Freeman Hubbard.

Of course, "the boys at RAILROAD & RAILFAN" have no hold whatever on "Big Rock Candy Mountain."

Randy Brown

   I'll correct myself in that after a search I found that Harry  Kirby McClintock ("H.K." instead of H.B") was a country singer born  in Tennessee and was the writer of "The Big Rock Candy Mountain"  song, and it appears that the "Haywire Mac" nick-name may have been  used by both he and Bedwell. Bedwell also used the name "Eddie Sands"  in some of his work.

  Apologizing in advance for the off-topic posts.

Rich Onorevole