(erielack) RAILROAD MAGAZINE HAYWIRE MAC

This is not directly related to the EL but I had to bring it up.   L.L. Bean is running an ad with "The Big Rock Candy Mountain" in it.  I looked into it and found this is being sung by H.B. McClintock or "Haywire Mac" who was a contributor to RAILROAD for so many years.  I believe he wrote a book on caboose life.  Someone else can fill in the details on this.  Freeman Hubbard seemed to always have something to say about Harry with his picture appearing a lot.  I wonder if the guys over at RAILROAD/RAILFAN are aware of his song in the commercial?

Ed Montgomery