From: pat.moore_@_att.net
Subject: RE: (erielack) HO Tangent DL&W Gons - Rolling Properties

My Tangent gondola finally showed up in the mail and once again they have
done a great job.  I got one of the PC ones.  The rolling quality left a bit
to be desired, as has been noted.  Personally, I didn't feel any aggravation
because after checking the coupler height, I would have needed to add some
Kadee washers anyway.  I quickly installed a gray washer on each bolster and
it rolls fine now, and has the proper coupler height.

While some will complain about having to fix a $32 "ready-to-run" model, I
personally don't think it is worth complaining about.  I always consider
"Ready-To-Run" to be a bit of misnomer anyway.  Every supposedly RTR model
will have to pass inspection before it gets on the layout and most will get
weathered anyway.  I think that most of us can handle turning the model
upside down, removing the trucks, installing a few washers, and then putting
the trucks back on.  Incidentally, I wonder how many of our model
railroading forefathers would roll over in their grave if people complained
about having to remove trucks to install a few washers.

As long as Tangent keeps doing their homework and providing detailed models
that are SPOT ON in terms of their decoration, they'll do fine.  Even if
once in a while we have to install some washers.

Now, to bring this rant back on topic...has anyone been able to furnish
David Lehlbach with high quality images of these gons in EL paint?  I sure
would like to get a bunch of them.

- - -pat moore