Re: (erielack) EL Power Pool Question(s)

In a message dated 12/23/2009 10:11:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
erief7_@_msn.com writes:

This is  a multi part question which may turn out to be very interesting.
First did the  EL ever exchange power with the NKP?
No.  Not that I can ever recall.  However the NKP did operate  over the EL
in Cleveland from Literary Street to the West End Tower and also to  the PRR
at C&P Crossing with the "Pullers".  They operated between the  NKP and the
W&LE and between the NKP and the PRR using rights over the  EL.  I worked
at Bridge 2.22 in Cleveland c.1966--1968 and they operated  each trick.

Did the  EL ever exchange power with the Great Northern with the locos
having the green  and orange paint?
Occasionally, with the EL-BN power pool a GN unit would show up in the
green/orange paint scheme.

And  finally an observation question, What is the oddest foreign power seen
on the  EL that you have seen? (individual's observation, not  photo).
N&W SD's running on the St. Louis Cannon Ball and the New York Cannon
Ball.  They frequently operated long hood first, which was their "legal"  front.
 Also, after the Conrail merger the M-K cab units 5301, 5302 and  also the
former SP&S Alco Road Switcher units in the 4000 series operating  out of
Brier Hill on the Warren Run.  Also, in EL days, Alco C-415  demonstrator unit
worked Akron and Meadville.

SMT