NKP/PRR pullers was RE: (erielack) EL Power Pool Question(s)

From: smtimko_@_aol.com [mailto:smtimko@aol.com]
However the NKP did operate  over the EL
in Cleveland from Literary Street to the West End Tower and also to  the PRR

at C&P Crossing with the "Pullers".  They operated between the  NKP and the
W&LE and between the NKP and the PRR using rights over the  EL.  I worked
at Bridge 2.22 in Cleveland c.1966--1968 and they operated  each trick.

- ---------------

Having gone over some EL Dispatcher Sheets from the Mahoning Division's 1st
sub, I noted as many as 15 pullers in one day, to some days when there were
only a few.  The day with 15 pullers showed 5 EB NKP pullers, 2 EB PRR
pullers, 6 WB NKP pullers, and 2 WB PRR pullers.  There are pictures on
George Elwood's site of NW units in EL's Literary Yard heading toward EL's
E. 55th where they would pull ahead of West End and then back toward the
NKP/NW E. 55th yard or keep going to the PRR.  There are also a few shots of
PRR units around EL's E. 55th yard heading toward the NKP/NW.  I would have
to do some digging to find them on his site so those will have to wait.
Also, if you have Dave McKay's Trackside Around Cleveland there is a shot of
some NW units on the EL near the Sohio Refinery on a puller from their
Campbell Road Yard to their E. 55th Street Yard.

See this link for an NKP map showing their routing of pullers through
Cleveland.  I made it a "tinyurl" since it seems like links I am sending are
breaking after I paste them.  Hopefully this one will stay intact.

http://tinyurl.com/NKP-Pullers

Steve