RE: (erielack) Latest Diamond Photo of DL&W "F5" 8451

Don,

You are spot-on with your observation. The number is the tip-off that this
is a post-merger photo. Based on the fact that the lower headlight has not
been plated over yet, this photo's date would be between October 1960 and
March 1963 (photographic evidence shows the lower headlight was plated over
by that point).

Neither DL&W nor Erie added the maintenance ladders on the front; these were
added by the EL starting around October of 1961.

	- Paul