(erielack) Latest Diamond Photo of DL&W "F5" 8451

I was reading the description of the photo of the "F5"at the Binghamton
station on p. 17 of the latest Diamond. It says the photo is probably from
the late 50's and is of the westbound Twilight.

It appears to me that the photo is probably from the early 60s, given that
the unit has an EL number (8451) and the handrail arrangement on the nose
look like something done after the E-L merger. It makes me ask the question
- - did any Erie or DL&W engine ever get the handrails redone with the
"ladder" arrangement on the left of the nose prior to the merger?

Also, what clues in the photo would tell someone that this is the Twilight?

Thanks,
Don Liotta