RE: (erielack) Hoboken Shore/EL/other roads (was: Interline Switching Waybill)

> So... how exactly does THAT work? The Maxwell House plant
> wasn't really near any EL trackage - it sat squarely in the
> middle of the HSRR "system" (such as that is). Isn't Maxwell
> House an HSRR customer? I think I know what you're saying,
> but what are the machinations involved in this?
>
> I would have assumed that, as part of the route from Maxwell
> House to General Foods, the HSRR was the first link in that
> path and it would accordingly get a (very small) percentage
> of the line haul fee? Am I mistaken here?  And does this mean
> that pretty much every customer on the HSRR was an EL
> customer, with the HSRR only acting as a terminal switching railroad?

A further follow-up question:

I have a train consist sheet for SF-100 from 1975. On there are several cars with a destination railroad of "NYSE" (Susquehanna - NYS&W). But there are also several cars with a destination of "Whippany Paper Board, Whippany, NJ" - but with no interchange railroad. Whippany Paper Board was on the Morristown & Erie, so why isn't it listed as an interchange point? Would this indicate that WPB was also an EL customer?