Re: (erielack) Staggered Heads, Update

Tony,

I think you have a great idea here!

Rick Fleischer

In a message dated 12/4/2009 8:34:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tonyhorn1_@_comcast.net writes:

Knowing next to nothing about signaling and signal aspects, I  have been
more than curious about this. I had thought about an article such as  this
using illustrations of signals from the Erie diagram book along with  track
diagrams that would illustrate how such things work. (I don't have any
knowledge about the Lackawanna side, so this could be a two-part or multi-part
feature.) If much of the information that is now being shared on the list
could be combined with signal drawings and track diagrams, we might end up  with
an interesting article for the Diamond.

Question: Is Ben Anthony  still the ELHS advisor for signalling?

Question (again) to Mike  Shafer: Doyou think this would work?

Tony Horn

- ----- Original  Message -----
From: "Schuyler Larrabee"  <schuyler.larrabee_@_verizon.net>
To: "EL Mail List"  <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
Sent: Friday, December 4, 2009 7:22:08  PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: RE: (erielack) Staggered Heads,  Update

> I should think the starting place would be a nice  reproduction of the
signal
> aspect pages in the Book of Rules -- maybe  for late DL&W, late Erie and
then
> late Erie-Lackawanna -- a great  easy-to-do article for the Diamond, in
case
> there's a need to fill  some pages.
>
> Someone with collections of Rule Books going  back might also go further,
> with a history of the development of the  signal rules.
>
> A useful addition would be the pages from the  Employee Timetables with
> non-conforming signals, the Erie Train Order  Position Light Signals and
the
> rest, and then photos of the different  kinds of signals used.
>
> . . . top it off with a detailed  T&S diagram of an Erie and/or DL&W
> interlocking illustrating  how this would all be used in practice
(including
> may the  differences?).
>
> Cheers,
> Jim Guthrie
> ELHS  #1296

I suppose we could do that, Jim. Even better, you could do  it given your
interest. I'm sure you'd
do a great job. These books are  pretty common at railroadiana and train
shows, so it wouldn't be
hard to  get the original materials, but failing that, you could
undoubtedly find  copies among the
listers here.

SGL

E-mail  message checked by Spyware Doctor (7.0.0.508)
Database version: 6.13850

The Erie  Lackawanna Mailing List

The Erie  Lackawanna Mailing List