From: "Schuyler Larrabee" <schuyler.larrabee_@_verizon.net>
To: "EL Mail List" <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
Sent: Friday, December 4, 2009 7:22:08 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: RE: (erielack) Staggered Heads, Update

> I should think the starting place would be a nice reproduction of the signal
> aspect pages in the Book of Rules -- maybe for late DL&W, late Erie and then
> late Erie-Lackawanna -- a great easy-to-do article for the Diamond, in case
> there's a need to fill some pages.
>
> Someone with collections of Rule Books going back might also go further,
> with a history of the development of the signal rules.
>
> A useful addition would be the pages from the Employee Timetables with
> non-conforming signals, the Erie Train Order Position Light Signals and the
> rest, and then photos of the different kinds of signals used.
>
> . . . top it off with a detailed T&S diagram of an Erie and/or DL&W
> interlocking illustrating how this would all be used in practice (including
> may the differences?).
>
> Cheers,
> Jim Guthrie
> ELHS #1296

I suppose we could do that, Jim. Even better, you could do it given your interest. I'm sure you'd
do a great job. These books are pretty common at railroadiana and train shows, so it wouldn't be
hard to get the original materials, but failing that, you could undoubtedly find copies among the
listers here.

SGL

Database version: 6.13850