Re: (erielack) DLW/Erie/EL corporate history

Frank,

Since I'm no longer a member of ELHS, I assume that they ran something on
the cooperate history of the railway.

Are you looking for a detailed cooperate history on DLW/Erie/EL? If so, I
may be able to help you in terms of direction on this.

I was with Standard & Poor's for many years (Poor's Railway Manuals, etc.;
I read the original volumes). they were bound in blue. We had a division
called "Corporation Records" that I worked in. Back then, they were wire-bound
volumes of corporate histories, including all railroads, complete with
details on trackage, tonnage, stock transactions in terms of acquisitions, bond
issuances, and of course the merger. Again, all in detail and presented in a
factual manner, not stock analyzing. Another division that I later joined
did the stock analysis.

I left there in 1992 to work at another house downtown before joining the
government in 1994. During my time there, I would sit in the library at lunch
time and pour over the stuff. It was all there. I was a kid in a candy
store.

Standard & Poor's is owned by the McGraw-Hill Companies and was when I was
with them. I continued on with S&P as a securities analyst, editor, proofer,
etc., but that's another story.

Unfortunately, I have no contacts at S&P but I'm sure the information is
intact in one form or another. Many things were also on microfiche as we had
an extensive collection of stuff and I'm sure they have it.

They are now located at 55 Water St., NYC. Again, I have no contacts there
but I'm sure there is a way to find out if this is what you're looking for.
Remember, they documented both railroads in detail in a standard template
that we used. It might be worth a shot and who knows? Maybe there's
information on the Winton. You should have seen the volumes written on the PC merger
and again, all factual.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

Rick