From: Njricky2_@_aol.com [mailto:Njricky2@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 10:37 PM
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Subject: Re: (erielack) DLW/Erie/EL corporate history

Frank,

Since I'm no longer a member of ELHS, I assume that they ran something
on the cooperate history of the railway.

Are you looking for a detailed cooperate history on DLW/Erie/EL? If so,
I may be able to help you in terms of direction on this.

I was with Standard & Poor's for many years (Poor's Railway Manuals,
etc.; I read the original volumes). they were bound in blue. We had a
division called "Corporation Records" that I worked in. Back then, they
were wire-bound volumes of corporate histories, including all railroads,
complete with details on trackage, tonnage, stock transactions in terms
of acquisitions, bond issuances, and of course the merger. Again, all in
detail and presented in a factual manner, not stock analyzing. Another
division that I later joined did the stock analysis.

I left there in 1992 to work at another house downtown before joining
the government in 1994. During my time there, I would sit in the library
at lunch time and pour over the stuff. It was all there. I was a kid in
a candy store.

Standard & Poor's is owned by the McGraw-Hill Companies and was when I
was with them. I continued on with S&P as a securities analyst, editor,
proofer, etc., but that's another story.

Unfortunately, I have no contacts at S&P but I'm sure the information is
intact in one form or another. Many things were also on microfiche as we
had an extensive collection of stuff and I'm sure they have it.

They are now located at 55 Water St., NYC. Again, I have no contacts
there but I'm sure there is a way to find out if this is what you're
looking for.
Remember, they documented both railroads in detail in a standard
template that we used. It might be worth a shot and who knows? Maybe
there's information on the Winton. You should have seen the volumes
written on the PC merger and again, all factual.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

Rick