Re: (erielack) Early Conrail video reconnecting to caboose.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dlw1el2_@_aol.com<mailto:Dlw1el2@aol.com>
  To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net<mailto:erielack@lists.railfan.net>
  Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 8:54 PM
  Subject: Re: (erielack) Early Conrail video reconnecting to caboose.

  Rich
  The whole train pulled east of the automatic ( Disp Controlled  ) crossovers
  and dwarf signal.
  Pushers cuts away from train after getting the dwarf, and shoves the  caboose
  west of the crossovers.
  Cuts away from caboose and goes back east of the crossovers.
   Pushers now get the signal a second time, and cross over and return  to
  Scranton light.
  ( Railfans depart to get ahead of train )
  Train now backs up, when they get the dwarf signal for the third time, and
  reconnects with the caboose via radio from the rear flag  man.
  When air comes up, they go to Portland.   :)

  Bob Bahrs

   Thanks for the info Bob.

  I watched that move many times.....but couldn't remember how the caboose was reattached.

  I do remember an engineer of a coal train, I shot pix of at that location, running the slack in and out on the train when getting it underway........quite a sight.

  I posted pictures of the train to the list on 3/30/04

  Lou