Re: (erielack) Conrail video reconnecting to caboose

Jeff
I can't speak first hand on where the radio  did and where it didn't  work on
the Scranton Div.  All divisions I'm sure suffered from having  certain dead
spots, but on a whole through out the life of the EL radios pretty  much came
into there own, as more and more base stations evolved, and probable  more
powerfully ones, although I am not really qualified to state that.

What I can tell you is that most all places like Tobyhanna  where the  radio
was needed, it was established early on.  Also the block line boxes  all
worked.  It wasn't until well into the CR era that block line boxes  were left to
deteriorate as far as the audio was concerned.  Here on the NY  or Hoboken Div
we had  several bad years under CR where the block line  boxes were not
working and were not being repaired, and engines were not  equipped with NJT
crystals  thus communications became a VERY BIG problem  for both crews and
Dispatchers, but that's another whole story.

Bob Bahrs

In a message dated 8/25/2008 11:10:15 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,