RE: (erielack) Train orders in signalled territory

> What type of control was in effect on the single track
> sections of ex-DL&W in NJ, ie: the Cutoff and Denville-Great Notch?

Both of these sections were TCS (Track Control System, the term EL and ATSF
used for CTC). The Cut-Off was controlled by a tiny CTC panel out of Port
Morris tower, while the Hoboken dispatcher handled the Mountain Lakes-Great
Notch section (Denville east to Mountain Lakes was handled by the Denville
tower operator)

Even though my layout goes through three sequential tower-controlled
sections (Denville-Dover-Port Morris), for the sake of operational
simplicity these will just be an extension of the CTC system, though I have
toyed around with the idea of allowing individual "tower" operators if I
have enough people. :)

	- Paul

P.S. Someone asked this earlier - my layout is set in 1975.