RE: (erielack) EL Yard engine assignments and changes

In Binghamton NY, we had 1 yard job at the east end & 1 at the west end of Conklin, NY yard (former DL&W). Sometimes, they'd assign an extra engiine to the west end of the yard - it was referred to as the 'little yard' engine. When I first came to binghamton in 1963, this was a regular job, bu by the late 60s was called as needed. Uptown (in the city), there was  regular  round-the-clock job at the passenger station. Of course, there were 5 passenger trains  each way then. On the former ERIE, there was a 3-shft job called 'the erie uptown'. On the beginning of the Syracuse and Utica divisions, there was a yard called YO. There was a 3-shift YO engine 7 days a week.
  Extra jobs were posted as needed ......... mainly at the ERIE yard.
 hope this helps a little

Regards,

Walter E. Smith
Employee # 102156