(erielack) EL Yard engine assignments and changes

Group,

Here's some questions regarding yard crew and engine changes.  Am I correct that Yard crews worked an 8-hour shift?  If so, was the assigned yard engine also changed at that time?  The era of reference here would be the early 1970's.

Also, in the excellent "Erie Facilities Vol 3", I read that Meadville had 2 engines assigned to each section of the yard.  Was this also true at Marion during the 1970's?

Probably easy ones to answer, thanks!

Terry Miliczky