RE: (erielack) Failed Chessie takeover (was: Terminals in the Port of NY)

Oh what a nightmare. Cheesie's colors were hideous. I always hated that dark mustard, orange and navy blue paint. I would rather they had stuck with blue with gold lettering C&O / B&O had used in the past. Of course they could have changed the holding companies name to "Erie Lackawanna Holdings" and run the system under that far more attractive banner :)> From: pat.moore_@_att.net> To: jguthrie@pipeline.com; erielack@lists.railfan.net> Subject: (erielack) Failed Chessie takeover (was: Terminals in the Port of NY)> Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 04:10:42 +0000> > Hi Jim...> > > Don;t be so gracious. It only encourages this sort of thing. I'm sure the > > modelers have all taken a vacation from this list already <g>.> >> > Nah. Just lurking. Waiting to pounce. Exercising my right to hit the delete key about stuff that doesn't interest me and to keep my pie hole shut.> > Here's a question for someone...> > It is my understanding that if the plan for the Chessie System to acquire the EL lines east of Sterling OH worked out back in 1976, it would have been a takeover by the B&O. Correct? The assets, including some locomotives and rolling stock, would have been transferred in the deal to the B&O. Right? In other words, you would not have seen locomotives being repainted for "Chessie System - EL", the locomotives would have been repainted in Chessie colors and sublettered for the B&O. Just curious.> > -pat moore> > The Erie Lackawanna Mailing List> http://EL-List.railfan.net/> To Unsubscribe: http://Lists.Railfan.net/erielackunsub.html