(erielack) Failed Chessie takeover (was: Terminals in the Port of NY)

  Hi Jim...

> Don;t be so gracious. It only encourages this sort of thing. I'm sure the
> modelers have all taken a vacation from this list already <g>.

Nah.  Just lurking.  Waiting to pounce.  Exercising my right to hit the delete key about stuff that doesn't interest me and to keep my pie hole shut.

Here's a question for someone...

It is my understanding that if the plan for the Chessie System to acquire the EL lines east of Sterling OH worked out back in 1976, it would have been a takeover by the B&O.  Correct?  The assets, including some locomotives and rolling stock, would have been transferred in the deal to the B&O.  Right?  In other words, you would not have seen locomotives being repainted for "Chessie System - EL", the locomotives would have been repainted in Chessie colors and sublettered for the B&O.  Just curious.

- -pat moore