RE: (erielack) Erie 4-4-2

> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:00:37 -0400> From: root_@_bluemoon.net> To: erielack@lists.railfan.net> Subject: Re: (erielack) Erie 4-4-2> > On Wed, 13 Aug 2008, Todd Hollritt wrote:> > > Check out Erie Railroad 4-4-2 Atlantic 7597 hard at work today!  :)> >  > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feOQdtW6h8I> >  > > This is a passeger locomotive, but it's hauling 38 freight cars here..> >  > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtPjIEPt-kc> > That's my friend Bruce's 1/8 scale Atlantic on the Buckingham Central RR in> Florida. It's more like a Pacific minus two drivers than an Erie Atlantic. It> is currently OOS for boiler repairs. For more info on Bruce's steamer, the> Buckingham Central and other live steamers and railroads, visit> http://forums.railfan.net/forums.cgi?board=LiveSteam> > For more videos of Bruce's Atlantic and other live steamers, see> http://forums.railfan.net/forums.cgi?board=LiveSteam;action=display;num=1168300963> > Henry> > J. Henry Priebe Jr. Blue Moon Internet Corp Network Administrator> www.bluemoon.net Internet Access & Web Hosting> www.railfan.net Railfan Network Services> > > The Erie Lackawanna Mailing List> http://EL-List.railfan.net/> To Unsubscribe: http://Lists.Railfan.net/erielackunsub.htmlHenry,

    Many years ago (1971) when I left the EL to move to Fla. & work the Auto-Train out of Sanford, one of our brakeman was a native of the area & after we got the (big) train out of town, we got in his car & drove to just northeast of Orlando (Oviedo I think). At the time, this was a relatively undeveloped area and he turned into a dirt road. We drove in for a few hundred feet and came to a grade crossing of VERY small track. As we approached, the blinkers began to flash & we stopped to permit a 4-4-2 like the one in the video to steam out of the palmetto bushes and disappear over a trestle on the other side. Nick & I continued to the house where there was a water tank, sand tower, siding and small 2-stall enginehouse. About this time, the engine put in an appearance and after taking water, we were invited to sit in the gons and ride around the property. The little Atlantic barked out of the service area and we rode the well-maintaiined track thru the piiney woods & palmettos. When we left, I told Nick (my yard conductor) that the track was in better shape than the EL mainliine.
     What I'm wondering is if this  is the same layout. There can only be SO MANY 4-4-2s running around in 1 ft guage. Henry, is this guy near Orlando???

Regards,

Walt Smith