RE: (erielack) Re: CNJ Interchange

> In fact -- I don't believe you'll find any railroad at any
> time other than the PRR going into Bay Ridge. Certainly DL&W,
> Erie and E-L float business to Long Island went via Long Island City.
>
> That's not to say there wasn't **any** float business to
> Brooklyn from the Jersey railroads, but it would represent
> local delivery to Bush Terminal and the South Brooklyn Railway.

The SF-100 consist sheet I posted a few years back here (full article
coming soon in the Diamond, if I get get a day or two to finish up my
manuscript :) supports this - there are several cars for interchange
with the LIRR and BEDT via floatbridge, all for local customers on both.

I think Jim's hit the nail on the head here - all New England traffic
usually went over the Poughkeepsie Bridge (hence those giant train the
NH used to run in and out of Maybrook).

But how was this traffic routed post-1974 when the bridge burned? Run up
and interchanged with the PC at Utica?