(erielack) RE: Erie yellow

Joseph A. Braun wrote:
"We know that Erie yellow was stock Dupont Dulux Yellow. With John Bezuyen
doing the research and painting, this fact was underscored, so the New York
& Greenwood Lake Railway Geep and RS wear the modern version, still DULUX
Yellow 9356d.

....snip.....

In essence, then, the research done by the UPHS and AC&YHS shows that Erie
Yellow and Armour Yellow were the same paint. "

Joe:

An interesting result. Back in the days when the only way to get an Erie-painted diesel was to do it yourself, I used Champ decals, and Floquil UP Armour Yellow paint as the best match to the hue of the decals when applied over black paint.

I was more correct than I realized!!

Vince Lee

 Modeling the Erie Wyoming Division in Pennsylvania and
the Erie 28th Street Terminal in New York City

Please visit my website for eastern and western railfanning photos:
http://www.eastwestrails.com/