RE: (erielack) GL/Boonton, Lincoln Park Siding.

> I have a couple of CS-9 consists at CX showing a surprising
> number of cars (mostly empties) for CNJ at Lake Jct (I assume
> that's what station #0501 is). Empty CH's for PAGLASS at
> Newport NJ and the agent at Mauricetown at the end of the S
> Jersey line, empty boxcars headed to SR and SCL (most likely
> headed to the RDG at Bound Brook),

You would also often see CNJ covered hoppers headed west in EL trains
(beside the ES-99). More often than not, these were loaded with sand,
one of CNJ's biggest "exports" from Southern NJ. Thatcher Glass in
Wharton on the EL was often a recipient of these cars. I assume PAGLASS
is one of the glass manufacuturer's sand pits down there?

> and a few COFC headed to
> E'Port/JC (these must have come in from the west and for some
> reason weren't forwarded from SC on SE-98).

Perhaps hot cars that didn't make it to Scranton to make that day's
SE-98?

> and surely some of the
> EB loads were picked up by counterpart SC-8.

Among other trains - I have photos of both SF-100 and NY-100 making
pickups at Lake Jct. It certainly was a busy place!

> It appears Lake
> Jct was an important gateway for EL traffic from the South,
> perhaps surpassing P'burg in volume. More work for your EB's, Paul.

Which would make sense, if the CNJ wanted to keep a longer portion of
the line haul $$$.  Let's see - CNJ could drop off cars interchanged by
the LV or RDG at P'burg - short haul - or give it directly to the EL at
Lake Jct - much longer haul.

Don't forget another southern gateway - PRR/PC at Croxton. I believe a
lot of southern-originating traffic came from that point as well.