RE: (erielack) GL/Boonton, Lincoln Park Siding.

I have a couple of CS-9 consists at CX showing a surprising number of cars
(mostly empties) for CNJ at Lake Jct (I assume that's what station #0501
is). Empty CH's for PAGLASS at Newport NJ and the agent at Mauricetown at
the end of the S Jersey line, empty boxcars headed to SR and SCL (most
likely headed to the RDG at Bound Brook), and a few COFC headed to E'Port/JC
(these must have come in from the west and for some reason weren't forwarded
from SC on SE-98). 42 cars one day, 27 on the other. Substantial volume, and
surely some of the EB loads were picked up by counterpart SC-8. It appears
Lake Jct was an important gateway for EL traffic from the South, perhaps
surpassing P'burg in volume. More work for your EB's, Paul.

Paul B

It is important to remember that eastbound trains also
picked up traffic east of Scranton at places like Port
Morris, Lake Jct., East Dover and Boonton at various times.
On some days, several trains would stop at Lake Jct. and fill
for tonnage over Great Notch). This additional traffic, after
factoring in multiple locomotives, often exceed the capacity of
Lincoln Park passing siding,

                                                  Bill Sheppard