Re: (erielack) GL/Boonton Trains on Great Notch Hill

Bruce,

You can take a train directly from Penn Station as far as Montclair State
College.  At that point you will make an across the platform transfer to a
connecting diesel train that will go through Great Notch, Boonton and
Mountain Lakes.  Several midday trains have bus substitutes over the last
few months for trackwork.  The notices say this was to last until early
August.  I know NJT is about to issue new timetables so perhaps the midday
service will be back.  The current one implies that midday service resumes
on August 4th.

Tim