RE: (erielack) DL&W 4 track / 2 track

Ed Montgomery wrote:

> Mountain View Tower lasted up to around 1957.  It controlled
> the crossing and many of the electrically locked switches
> between the Totowa
> area and Boonton.   I think it controlled the crossovers at Lincoln
> Park.  Once on the center track it was a straight run through
> the Denville flyover to Dover.

Jack Emerick showed a REALLY NEAT interior shot of Mountain View tower
at the recent ELHS Eastern Region Spring Meeting, and what intrigued me
is that there was a small CTC panel on the right side of the levers in
the tower that controlled Lincoln Park to Boonton (similar to the small
CTC panel that was at Port Morris, which controlled all the way out to -
and including - Slateford Jct). I assume this was added the same time
the line was CTC'ed?

And I assume that a centralized dispatcher didn't control the entire
Boonton Line? From the photo, it appears that Mountain View controlled
the NY&GL/DL&W crossing there, plus the Boonton Line all the way west to
West Boonton (and I assume Denville Tower controlled west from that
point?)

Who controlled Mountain View east?