RE: (erielack) Wood DL&W commuter coaches

Jim,

Thomas Tabor's "The Delaware Lackawanna & Western Railroad in the Twentieth
Century Volume 2" has some photos of wood commuter coaches. There is a
roster of wooden passenger cars acquired after 1899, and it shows that the
DL&W acquired 100 wooden suburban coaches between 1899 and 1908. The text
also states that in 1899 the road had "226 coaches, 4 club cars, and 72
combination passenger and baggage cars".

Unfortunately, there is little other detail. I have a copy of the 19th
Century book as well, and could not immediately locate any roster
information.

Michael Mang