Re: (erielack) Wood DL&W commuter coaches

In a message dated 4/18/2007 7:42:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jmischke_@_att.net writes:

I'd like  to know more about wood DL&W commuter coaches, built around  1883,
with open or nearly open vestibules.   Can anyone suggest a web or  book
resource, that might contain a roster or photos?

Reason: B&O  absorbed the Cincinnati Indianapolis and Western in 1926, whose
roster  included some former DL&W passenger equipment acquired through broker
General Equipment of Paterson, NJ. in 1916.  I'd like to trace some
heritages back to DL&W.

Any insights would be  appreciated.

Steamtown has a lot of old Lackawanna  large accounting books by  year. There
is generally one for passenger equipment and one for  freight.   These books
go through the roster car by car, which often  show when a car left the
system.   It often has a note as to it being  sold to....................   If you
know about when they left  the system, you can narrow down your search. These
would be very low  numbered coaches.  The books go in car number sequence.
The  other nice thing about these books is the second column, shows the year
built.

Bob Bahrs