(erielack) Re: Cutofff

Did they go all the way to Scranton?

I wonder what the criteria was for that decision.  I guess it had to be
the physical track and stations as they went all the way to sending a
train over it.  I wonder would it be like NEC as Amtrak owned
property/track or would Conrail then retain ownership like Amtrak uses
south of Washington.

Ah what could have been.....

George
Bill Herkner wrote:
> Bob Yanosey has a picture of the last train.  He and I were on it.  Amtrak
> ran it to satisfy themselves that the route, at that time, was not a
> candidate for intercity service.  The train had to maneuver through the yard
> and out the west leg of the wye because Conrail had removed a section of
> rail so a straight move could not be made to and from the cutoff.
>     Bill Herkner

- --
Okay. Here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner. 42 losers.
I eat losers for breakfast.
Breakfast?
Maybe I should have had breakfast?
Brekkie could be good for me.
No no no. Focus. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick.
I am Lightning.......