Re: (erielack) Port Morris Yard

It was a one-way trip with an F40 westbound. It was the Last and Only Amtrak train ever over the Cut Off. Who knows how many 40oz cans they had the day before to make this wasteful trip which resulted in line torn up as now. Connected at Scranton for Harrisburg and home

secbyte_@_ptd.net wrote:   Ok now a memory I have from somewhere....

I read somewhere that Amtrak ran a special over the cutoff for some
reason after official abandonment. and they you had to cross a certain
set of switch maneuvers to get on the cutoff from port morris?

Anyone else remember that and know the whole or rest of the story?

or have any idea what those switch maneuvers were and why?

George

- --
Okay. Here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner. 42 losers.
I eat losers for breakfast.
Breakfast?
Maybe I should have had breakfast?
Brekkie could be good for me.
No no no. Focus. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick.
I am Lightning.......

The fish are biting.