Re: (erielack) Re: Cutofff

This was a test train run by AMtrak to evaluate possible service from
Hoboken.  F40, one coach, one cab car.  Train wyed at Denville and
ran cab car first to Port Morris.  There, it used the west leg of the
wye which was put back in just for the occasion; the east leg would
have required more work.  Conrail probably would have continued to
own the track.

- --- secbyte_@_ptd.net wrote:
> Did they go all the way to Scranton?
>
> I wonder what the criteria was for that decision.  I guess it had
> to be the physical track and stations as they went all the way to
> sending a train over it.  I wonder would it be like NEC as Amtrak
> owned property/track or would Conrail then retain ownership like
> Amtrak uses south of Washington.
>
> Ah what could have been...

Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7