Re: Fwd: (erielack) Akron Questions

According to the EL Kent Division ET dated Oct. 29,
1961, there was a restriction of 19' 2" under East
Market Street, Park Street, and Perkins Ave in Akron
(all in the vicinity of JO). Anything taller had to go
via the then-NKP between Kent and Creston.

I still have the scans on my website from a previous
discussion (this is a tough group, you gotta bring
your backup!!!):

http://www.or4c.com/pix/ELett1.jpg

http://www.or4c.com/pix/ELett2.jpg

Mike Spinelli

As far as the clearance is concerned. I don't know.
EL frequently
moved
cars up to 18'6" high.  Not certain what restrictions
were involved  at
Akron.
Perhaps Keith Robbins can assist or maybe Cal Banse
knows.   Hopefully
they
will respond.