RE: (erielack) Buffalo

List,

  The direct connection to the NYC was probably why there was a Detroit sleeper on DL&W train # 5 the Twilight from Hoboken. The car operated west of Buffalo on the NYC.

  Rich

Michael Mang <mnmang_@_comcast.net> wrote:
  Dale,

There was a direct connection between the DL&W mainline and the NYC between
the Buffalo River bridge and the DL&W passenger station. I don't know if
there was a connection between the Erie and the NYC, although if you look at
the 1950 USGS maps Henry posted it looks like there might be at least an
interchange connection.

Michael Mang

> Can anyone offer any ideas on how the EL (and NKP) could have moved into
> Central Terminal? Would the tracks have permitted that?
>
> The NKP from the west could switch over from (or to) NYC tracks at
> numerous
> places.
>
> I just don't know how the EL tracks would mesh with the NYC on the east
> side of Buffalo.
>
> Dale

 Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.