Re: (erielack) News article on the Elmira Viaduct proposal

Ron,

It is Elmira. The street running left to right is Railroad Ave. and I
think the street running top to bottom is Water Street. It's a little
hard to say since all of the buildings on the left were razed back in
the 1970's, but I think that is the marquee for Keeney's Theater on the
right.

Not having grown up in the area and coming after all of the buildings
along the south side of Water Street were gown in downtown, it's amazing
how much has changed in downtown Elmira in the past 40 years. More than
any other city its size I have become familiar with.

Oh, the Pennsy switcher and caboose are heading south so probably back
to the south side of Elmira and Southport where the Pennsy's yard was
located. The Pennsy had trackage rights through Elmira from its yard to
Horseheads where the Elmira Branch (nee Northern Central) again headed
off on its own to points north.

Regards,

Will